build a career with stanley steemer
Looking to start a career? We offer our employees an opportunity to build rewarding careers with a company that has decades of experience cleaning America’s homes. What makes a job with Stanley Steemer unique is the opportunity for growth.
There are a variety of different roles within the company that provide a path to career advancement. Many of our current franchise owners began as technicians. A job working from our trucks could be the first step down a path to owning your own business or transitioning to a corporate role.
We also offer a management training program that starts you in a management position and fosters the skills you’ll need to continue toward your career goals.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISORS
The Customer Service Advisor Is the voice of Stanley Steemer and answers the 1-800-STEEMER® line. We fully train you to expertly field the thousands of calls we receive
CARPET CLEANING TECHNICIANS
Become an expert technician at one of our corporately owned branches or independently owned franchises. Both need outstanding people to provide our customers with the kind of exceptional services they have come to expect from us. Not only do we offer superior training and a great benefits package, we also offer the opportunity to grow your career. Many franchise owners and corporate personnel began their careers as Stanley Steemer technicians.
Stanley Steemer relies on strong, customer-oriented field managers to run our 63 corporately owned locations. Depending on your experience level, we offer a 12-month management training program that will not only teach you the business, but also how to be a leader in the market, achieve financial results, motivate employees, and provide exceptional customer service. After successfully completing this program, manager trainees are presented with the opportunity to manage a branch operation in one of our established markets.
Dublin, Ohio, is just outside Columbus and is home to Stanley Steemer International, where our support staff is based. The opportunities are varied and exciting, and our promote-from-within culture means your career with us truly has no boundaries. Such divisions as accounting, branch operations, distribution, education/training, franchise support, general administration, human resources, information technology, manufacturing, marketing, purchasing, research and development, and safety are always on the lookout for hardworking, motivated people.
In addition to paid training, many of our locations offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and hospitalization plan
- Prescription card
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching
- Life insurance
- Optional family life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Paid time off (PTO) plan
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group home and auto insurance
- On-site fitness center (available in most locations)
- Generous employee discounts on Stanley Steemer products and services
Disclaimer: Benefits listed apply to corporately owned branch locations.
Independently owned franchise location benefits may vary.
How much can I expect to earn?
- As a Carpet Cleaning Technician, that depends on you! You are paid the greater of your earned commission or the guaranteed hourly rate of pay (varies by location). Our competitive, commission-based plan allows you to earn more through add-on sales at the homes of residential customers. Our Customer Service Advisors are compensated with a base hourly rate of pay (varies by location) plus incentives. Incentives are earned based on the “Inside Ticket Average.” For pay information on other Stanley Steemer opportunities, please contact a recruiter or hiring manager.
How should I prepare for an interview?
- Be ready to discuss your strengths, developmental needs, accomplishments, goals, and expectations. Get to know us by reviewing information available on this website. During the interview, be yourself! At the end of an interview, ask questions to ensure that you understand the hiring manager’s expectations for the position.
What happens after I submit my application?
- After receiving your application, we will review your qualifications to see if they match the requirements of the position. If they do, a recruiter or hiring manager may contact you to discuss the next steps. If your qualifications do not match the requirements of the position, we will retain your application according to state guidelines.
What's the best way to find open positions?
- Enter your zip code in the "Find Local Employment Opportunities" area on our Careers page in order to see opportunities available at the Stanley Steemer of interest to you.