Before you clean leather, make sure to check the tag of your couch to follow proper cleaning instructions. Typically, the tag will have one of four different letters on it. Most likely, your leather couch will have a W or WS tag.
- W — You can clean this material using water.
- S — No water. Dry clean only.
- WS — You can use water or a solvent-based cleaner on this sofa.
- X — Vacuum only.
What to Clean Leather Couches With
- Flaxseed oil
Steps on Cleaning a Leather Couch
If you can clean your leather couch with water (W) or a solvent (WS), you can create a leather couch cleaner by following these steps:
- Vacuum your couch using a soft brush attachment. Make sure you get into the crevices.
- Mix a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe down the entire couch.
- Dry the couch using a clean towel.
- To condition your leather couch mix one part vinegar with two parts flaxseed oil. Using a soft cloth, apply this mixture in circular motions and leave overnight.
- In the morning, buff your couch with a clean rag to restore shine.
Do you want your leather chair leather couch professional cleaned? Stanley Steemer professionally cleans leather furniture. Our technicians are trained to clean, moisturize and protect your leather upholstery.
We offer a leather cleaner designed to wipe off damaging soils and we guarantee there will be no dirt or residue left behind. We then heat the leather to open its pores to accept the moisturizer - making the leather softer and last longer. Lastly, we apply a leather protector, which fills the cracks were soil settles in your leather upholstery.