The Service Visit
There is very little you need to do to prepare for the arrival of our carpet cleaning crew. The only thing we ask is that you remove any fragile or valuable items from the rooms being cleaned. We will handle moving furniture and other items the day we arrive.
During the Visit
Once we arrive, we will:
- Conduct a pre-inspection of the rooms and/or items to be cleaned, noting any heavily soiled areas or traffic patterns.
- Discuss the process with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Carefully move furniture in the rooms (except very large items, such as pianos, china cabinets, entertainment armoires, etc.).
- Pre-treat any areas of concern to ensure the most thorough cleaning.
- Clean the entire area using our exclusive hot water extraction method.
- Apply deodorizer or protector as requested, and groom the carpet.
- Return your furniture to its original location, placing protective pads underneath.
Once all rooms/upholstery have been serviced, we will complete a final inspection with you to ensure that you are 100% satisfied.
While our powerful, truck-mounted vacuum system removes almost all of the moisture immediately, your carpet or upholstery may still be damp to the touch.
- Using fans in any rooms cleaned and turning your air conditioning system on can help accelerate drying time.
- Be sure to leave the protective pads under furniture legs and any paper used with upholstered items in place until the carpet and/or furniture is completely dry to avoid any color transfer.
- You may walk on your carpet immediately after cleaning, but avoid wearing street shoes, as they may re-soil your carpet. Be especially careful when walking from damp, carpeted areas onto non-carpeted areas to avoid slipping.
- If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with the work performed, simply notify us within ten days of the cleaning and we will be happy to address any concerns you may have.